High school students are swamped with information whether it is from teachers, parents, tv/newspapers or social media making sense of all this information is critical for their understanding of the world they live in.
In this book, Jim Burke gives educators the tools to help their students learn to untangle the mess of information (or disinformation). Jim Burke gives teachers the tools to help their students not only learn what to read but how to read it so that the world they live in will make more sense.

Comments

  1. That sounds pretty relevant because I do think that there is a bombardment of information with social media and the way that the media works in general.

    ReplyDelete
  2. After reading only your first blog I already want to read this book, and will! I am a HS science teacher and I cannot tell you how often students are reading science facts or info they have seen on social media. Having an interest or eye for it but it often times being misleading or false I would love to help the students using these ideas present in the book on a daily basis and incorporated into my lessons.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment